• Use a clean server. A recently formatted server is best, with a compatible Server OS if the host will be sharing multiple sessions. Server should be updated on motherboard and OS drivers.
• Delay antivirus installation. You can include the antivirus program after our platform has anchored in the host computer and registration has taken place. For troubleshooting purposes, also, the host should also be antivirus free.
• Open up your firewall. It is recommended to turn off your firewall during installation.
There are some ports you will need to keep open for the correct operation of vSpace in your network. There are more ports mentionedhere.
vSpace Pro 10 Basic Scheme
• Know the elements of the vSpace Pro
1.Clients. vSpace Pro 11 delivers sessions to a wide array off our hardware and software products.
2.vSpace Server. Our platform installs on the PC, deploys our connection protocol to deliver sessions to the clients and displays a redesigned admin console with a truly modern and intuitive user interface and user experience.
3.vSpace Manager. Think of it as a broker. Through it, you can centrally manage your local software licenses and premium features allocation to connected vSpace Servers. For more info, check out this article. vSpace manager can be installed on the same vSpace host or can reside in a separate computer, depending on your needs. Different scenarios are discussedhere.
4.Management Portal. This is your cloud based dashboard and services, all accesible throughwww.ncomputing.com. It provides remote access to your NComputing software licensing, premium features and more, via any browser.
The vSpace Manager and the Manager Portal synchronize in between daily. A fluent internet connection is needed.
For in depth explanation of the interaction of these vSpace Platform elements, you can check ourwebinar.
Enable the Management Portal. While you are visiting our website, or downloading the software, access the Management Portal tab. Once you arrive to your dashboard for the first time, your account will be enabled and the management portal will expect any servers to register under your sign in credentials.
This way, when you register, our cloud services will be ready to synchronize with your local vSpace Manager.
What's inside the downloaded compressed folder.
1. You have the MSI installer package. (This is the software installer)
2. Release Notes.
3. index2.txt and L300 firmware file (usually named: "L300_FW_ver..."). These two are needed for firmware update for L Series devices.
4. catalog.txt and M300 firmware file (usually named: "M300_FW_ver..."). These two are needed for firmware update for M Series devices.
5. rx-update.txt and rx300 firmware file (usually named: "rx300-..."). These two are needed for firmware update for RX300 devices
About the firmware files. At some point, you will need to update the firmware of your access devices. This topic will be discussed later. However, the firmware files are clearly provided in the download for certain special migration cases.
For example, if you are coming from vSpace 7, you will need the firmware files ahead of time to migrate the terminals to the new firmware version before any installation of vSpace Pro 11 can occur. Another example would be if your devices are needing a direct FTP update.
Make sure to read the Release Notes before installing. These contain very important information regarding installation and operation vSpace, such as: The Secure Boot feature of modern PCs needs to be disabled temporarily during install of vSpace Pro 11. After finishing the installation it can be turned back on. For more details, read thisarticle.
• First time install and upgrade.
If you are installing for the first time, without further due, you can begin the process of installation.
If you are upgrading, remove a previous installation of vSpace. If you had installed any previous version of vSpace 6, 7 or 8, you will need to removeit andreboot your serverbefore installing vSpace Pro 11.
1. Unzip the folder (Right click > Extract or use your favorite unzipping utility)
2. Double click the MSI installer. Make sure that you have the highest privileges on installation.
If you run into issues or you prefer to install via command line with Admin Privileges, please seethis article.
3. vSpace Manager Installation.
During the install, if you choose "Express Installation" (default) both the vSpace Server Software and the vSpace manager will be installed on this computer.
If you choose "Custom Installation" you will be presented with an explanation of the different scenarios and configuration for installation as you click through the installer.
The scenarios basically introduce you to versatile configurations that you can have based on your planned deployment.
For example: You can have a single "stand alone" server that will have both the vSpace Software and vSpace Manager installed.
On a different scenario, you can a conglomerate of vSpace Servers and one of them will have the vSpace Manager collecting the information of all local servers and brokering services to them.
You can even leave the vSpace Manager on a separate dedicated machine for larger deployments.
On a very large deployment you can have many clusters of servers with a vSpace Manager brokering each conglomerate sector.
Then, by choosing "Custom Installation" you will given more choices on the components you need as you install.
We will base this article on the basic installation, which is the default if you have a single server basic setup.
If you need further explanation, you can check ourwebinar.
AMP (Annual Maintenance Program)
Upon installation, vSpace Pro 11 will enter in a 30 days trial period in which you which you will have the full power and benefits of our AMP package. This includes *all* of our current Premium Services and priority Tech Support. For a breakdown of what this comprehends, please visit this page: https://www.ncomputing.com/products/vSpace/vSpace%20PRO
Package is $120 per annum, and it covers 10 terminals under your vSpace Pro 11 server. Extra terminal will add a $12 per annual license.
After the trial period ends, you will be reminded to enroll to our AMP package in order to continue all the mentioned services connected.
You may see a few "Windows Security" screens confirming the installation of our drivers.
4. Reboot when the installer is done.
• Registration is a required process. Once the server is restarted, you will be welcomed by the vSpace Manager's Registration Window. (You can also launch the vSpace Manager from the Start Menu Search Bar or Programs list).
vSpace Pro 11 does not have an offline registration feature.
5. UPDATING THE FIRMWARE
A firmware update is necessary when you update to vSpace Pro 11. Separate articles on this have been written on ourknowledgebase.
It is essential to have the exact matching firmware build with every version of vSpace. When the firmware is mismatched, certain functions may not work or the access devices may refuse to connect.
6. LICENSING SERVER
If you are using a Microsoft Windows operating system, you will need to be aware of Licensing requirements.
• About Microsoft Licensing and NComputing products:
In short:Desktoptype operating system (Windows 7, 8.1, 10) is best suited forVDI 1:1deployments, meaning, one thin client accessing one operating system. Servertype (2008 R2, 2012, 2016 and Multipoint Server) will be prefect forMultiUserdeployments, which is, sharing one operating system and delivering sessions to multiple thin clients.
AMultiUserscenario, will require CAL licenses and the proper familiarity to setup aLicensing Server. Our documentation here will help you: