The following article is a detailed process and tips for installing our vSpace Pro platform (vSpace Pro 11.3 LTS, vSpace Pro Enterprise Edition).
As an additional supplement, this article
will deal with all other aspects of Pre-Deployment and vSpace Host deployment.
1. BEFORE STARTING
• Use a clean server. A recently formatted server is best, with a compatible Server OS if the host will be sharing multiple sessions. Server should be updated on motherboard and OS drivers.
• Delay antivirus installation. You can include the antivirus program after our platform has anchored in the host computer and registration has taken place. For troubleshooting purposes, also, the host should also be antivirus free.
• Open up your firewall. It is recommended to turn off your firewall during installation.
There are some ports you will need to keep open for the correct operation of vSpace in your network. There are more ports mentioned here
vSpace Pro Basic Scheme
• Know the elements of the vSpace Pro
1. Clients. vSpace Pro delivers sessions to a wide array off our hardware and software products.
2. vSpace Server. Our platform installs on the PC, deploys our connection protocol to deliver sessions to the clients and displays a redesigned admin console with a truly modern and intuitive user interface and user experience.
3. vSpace Manager
. Think of it as a broker. Through it, you can centrally manage your local software licenses and premium features allocation to connected vSpace Servers. For more info, check out this article.
vSpace manager can be installed on the same vSpace host or can reside in a separate computer, depending on your needs. Different scenarios are discussed here
4. Management Portal
. This is your cloud based dashboard and services, all accessible through www.ncomputing.com
. It provides remote access to your NComputing software licensing, premium features and more, via any browser.
The vSpace Manager and the Manager Portal synchronize daily. A fluent internet connection is needed.
For an in-depth explanation of the interaction of these vSpace Platform elements, you can check our webinar
2. PREPARING FOR INSTALLATION
Download vSpace Pro.
vSpace Pro 11.3 LTS is free to use if your NComputing thin clients were manufactured after January 1, 2015. If you have older devices, you will need to subscribe to AMP for vSpace Pro. Please refer to vSpace Pro FAQs for details.
vSpace Pro Enterprise Edition willbe downloaded in trial mode, which allows for 5 users to connect. To lift the 5 user limit, a subscription to AMP for vSpace Pro is required for every thin client in your deployment.
Enable the Management Portal. While you are visiting our website, or downloading the software, access the Management Portal tab. Once you arrive to your dashboard for the first time, your account will be enabled and the management portal will expect any servers to register under your sign in credentials.
This way, when you register, our cloud services will be ready to synchronize with your local vSpace Manager.
What's inside the downloaded compressed folder.
1. You have the MSI installer package. (This is the software installer)
2. Release Notes.
3. index2.txt and L300 firmware file (usually named: "L300_FW_ver..."). These two are needed for firmware update for L Series devices.
4. catalog.txt and M300 firmware file (usually named: "M300_FW_ver..."). These two are needed for firmware update for M Series devices.
5. rx-update.txt and rx300 firmware file (usually named: "rx300-..."). These two are needed for firmware update for RX300 devices
About the firmware files. At some point, you will need to update the firmware of your access devices. This topic will be discussed later. However, the firmware files are clearly provided in the download for certain special migration cases.
For example, if you are coming from vSpace 7, you will need the firmware files ahead of time to migrate the terminals to the new firmware version before any installation of vSpace Pro can occur. Another example would be if your devices are needing a direct FTP update.
Make sure to read the Release Notes before installing.
These contain very important information regarding installation and operation vSpace, such as: The Secure Boot feature of modern PCs needs to be disabled temporarily during install of vSpace Pro. After finishing the installation it can be turned back on. For more details, read this article
• First time install and upgrade.
If you are installing vSpace for the first time on this host you can begin the process of installation.
• Upgrading from older vSpace
1. Open vSpace Manager, click your username in the top right and select the UNREGISTER option. Failure to do so will prevent you from registering the new installation.
2. Remove the previous installation of vSpace from the host computer completely and reboot.