vSpace Manager does not connect to Management Portal
In this article we cover the basics on what to look for when your vSpace Manager is not currently connected or has not been registered to the NComputing Management Portal.
Perhaps you arrived at this article because of a problem of your devices not connecting. Please read on.
How our platform works
- Clients. vSpace Pro delivers sessions to a wide array of our hardware and software products.
- vSpace Server. Our platform installs on the host PC and deploys virtual desktops (session) via our connection protocol to the clients.
- vSpace Manager. Think of it as a broker. Through it, you can centrally manage your licenses and allocations to connected vSpace Servers. For more info, check out this article. vSpace manager can be installed on the same vSpace host or can reside on a separate computer, depending on your needs.
- Management Portal. This is your cloud based dashboard and services, all accessible through www.ncomputing.com. It provides remote access to your NComputing software licensing, premium features and more, via any browser.
vSpace Pro Basic Scheme
Please review the following scenarios to determine potential root causes:
- This is a new vSpace Pro deployment and I have not previously registered this vSpace Manager to NComputing Management Portal:
In this case, your vSpace Pro installation is not complete. You must register your vSpace Manager to NComputing Management Portal before you can start using vSpace. Simply launch the ‘vSpace Manager’ application and follow the instruction to complete the registration process.
- This is a new vSpace Pro deployment, and when I try to register to NComputing Management Portal I received the following warning message “This version of vSpace Pro is not supported without AMP licensing”:
As of July 1st, 2019, the new registration of older vSpace Pro software versions (vSpace Pro 10.x, 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2) is only available for customers who have a valid (AMP) Annual Maintenance Program) plan. Please click here to learn on how to resolve the issue.
- I have previously registered this vSpace Manager to NComputing Management Portal. However, now vSpace Manager is not disconnected (i.e. deregistered) from NComputing Management Portal:
In this case, it is very likely your vSpace Pro deployment include NComputing legacy devices manufactured prior to January 1, 2015 and are not vSpace Pro compliant, and hence are experiencing the service interruption.
If you need further assistance, our support team will be glad to help you get compliant again, do not hesitate to contact us.