PRE INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
1. You will need an NComputing Secondary Display Adapter Kit (SDA)
There are different versions of these adapters and you will need to ensure that you have the right one to fit your needs. This article covers the HDMI version.
If you are using an Secondary Display Adapter for VGA and DVI, please use this article
If your SDA displays CITRIX, you maybe using the SDA for RX-HDX. This article
deals with how to identify which SDA you have.
Please read and get acquainted with the instructions that come in the box. These instructions are a supplement in order to help you get up and running with the SDA-RX-300, (Part number 500-0158).
2. You also need a Dual Monitor Support License (Offered only on vSpace Pro versions)
Update: Dual Monitor Display is now included in vSpace Pro for free as of version 11.2. Earlier versions still require the annual license.
If you have vSpace 11.2, you can scroll down to the SETUP section. If you have earlier versions or vSpace Pro 10, please read on.
User is given a complementary 6-month license to Dual Monitor Display upon registration via vSpace Manager. Afterwards, the license shifts to an annual subscription. --
VERIFICATION AND ALLOCATION OF DUAL MONITOR DISPLAY LICENSE
Once you purchase your license for vSpace Pro version 10.3.5 or higher, you will need to allocate it.
From the host machine…
1. Open vSpace Manager à vSpace Servers to check the Dual Monitor Display license is active.
2. Go to Premium Features and click ‘Allocate’ to allocate to a specific vSpace Pro Server. If needed, purchase additional Dual Monitor Display license(s) for other vSpace Pro Server(s), redeem from vSpace Manager, and subsequently allocate to vSpace Pro Server(s).
1. The first step would be to ensure that you have a working and connected RX device. For the purpose of this article, we will use an RX300, however, these instructions will also apply to an RX-RDP alike.
Note: Please ensure that your RX300 / RX-RDP is updated to the latest firmware. This is essential for the SDA adapter to be recognized and be in proper working condition.
2. Setup the SDA-RX300 next to your RX300 device and connect them as shown in the illustration below using the MicroUSB cable provided with the adapter. This cable also provides the energy that the SDA-RX300 needs and there is no need for a power adapter.
In the setup shown in the image, the RX300, naturally, will have the HDMI main display setup at the left of your desk area and the SDA will have the right HDMI extended screen attached to it.
Once the SDA is connected to a right Display via HDMI and the MicroUSB is connected to the RX-300 unit, reboot the RX-300 in order for it to assimilate the adapter. Go to the power symbol, click on it and select Reboot, then select OK.
When the unit restarts, your secondary display will be ready and proper configurations can be done through the RX300 firmware.