How do I remove old NComputing devices in the NComputing Management Portal reporting if I no longer use them with my vSpace Pro software?
Device Serial Number Clearing Process
The following process involves a re-registration of local vSpace Manager. Keep your account username and password handy as you are going to need them to perform a new registration.
- Make sure that the devices have been truly disconnected. Every device that you do not want to be reported to the Management Portal, needs to be removed from your network and be put away. This will prevent the unit from broadcasting its serial number and, in turn, be reported again to the Management Portal as active.
Unregister your vSpace Manager
in the Host Machine. You will be asked to confirm. Once you proceed, the application will close.
- Ensure that your vSpace Manager has indeed been removed from the Management Portal.
- Login to your NComputing Management Portal in the www.ncomputing.com website with your account credentials.
- Navigate to My vSpace Installations > My vSpace Managers and make sure that the vSpace Manager you just disconnected is not showing here. However, in the event that you still see the unregistered vSpace Manager, at the very right of the row, you will see a ‘Disconnect’ label. Click on it.
- Confirm the 'Disconnect' action. Once your server is fully disconnected, any NComputing devices associated to this vSpace Manager will be removed from the Management Portal reporting.
- Register again your vSpace Manager with your same account credentials as before.
Once the new registration of your vSpace Manager is completed, a new count of only the serial numbers that are currently connected and active in your network will be reported to the Management Portal and checked against your AMP licensing. This change should be immediate and the management portal should reflect accurate numbers from your local environment.
vSpace Manager does not connect to Management Portal
Overview In this article we cover the basics on what to look for when your vSpace Manager is not currently connected or has not been registered to the NComputing Management Portal. Perhaps you arrived at this article because of a problem of your ...
What is the NComputing Management Portal?
NComputing Management Portal is a cloud-based dashboard where the admin can centrally review and manage their deployments. And account admin can perform the following tasks related to their vSpace Pro deployment: Manage registered devices (e.g. S/N ...
My vSpace Manager does not reflect the information from the Management Portal.
Why there seems to be a delay? Changes that you make on your local environment, may take some time to upload to the Management Portal and viceversa as vSpace Pro automatically obtains updated licensing information from the Management Portal about ...
If you decide not to subscribe to AMP, can I still use vSpace Pro Enterprise Edition?
Yes, AMP for vSpace Pro is only applicable for customers who have RX300, L250, L300, L350, M300 and MX100 devices and want to access vSpace Pro Enterprise Edition. If the customer has these devices but is not vSpace Pro AMP compliant, then there is ...
Tell me more about the AMP for vSpace Pro and its benefits.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of our Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP) for vSpace Pro: AMP for vSpace Pro is an Annual Maintenance Plan that provides organizations with peace of mind for their vSpace deployments. AMP for vSpace Pro ...