Tips on preserving the life of your RX and EX Series device / How to avoid corruption to the factory image.
The following tips will help to preserve your device from potential corruption or malfunction.
1. Be sure not to unplug the power cord from the device. A proper device shutdown is required either through the RX thin client power button or via the software shutdown icon: here is more clearly described in this article:
2. For RX-HDX, RX-HDX+, RX420(HDX), RX420(STDK) and EX400 devices, Stratodesk NoTouch Center device management solution can be used to remotely push configuration setting changes and firmware updates. Before applying updates to all devices, we highly recommend the customer to use NoTouch Center to apply the changes to an individual device and verify it works properly on the device before applying these changes to all other NComputing thin clients. This extra step would prevent misconfigurations and/or wrong images from incorrectly applying to NComputing devices and resulted in unwanted firmware corruptions.
3. While performing a firmware upgrade, please do not shutdown/reboot the device while it is in progress, as this may render the device in a firmware corrupted state.
4. Never push any image that is not intended for your device. Only use the official images intended for it.
5. Never open the device, this will automatically void your warranty.
RX-HDX Factory Reset
This article is for administrators needing to reset an RX-HDX device with a manual process because it has somehow locked or stopped responding to the management tools. Introduction to Factory Rest (FW 2.40.2144+) Important - Do not use a KVM or ...
Factory Reset RX-HDX device using Remote Browser Login
Factory Reset RX-HDX device using Remote Browser Login If you are unable to access the local configuration (e.g. because the screen stays blank or device fails to boot up) but the device has network then you can follow below mentioned steps to ...
initramfs - RX-HDX Image Recovery
Method to recover from RX-HDX image corruption Revision date: February 27, 2019 Description: In some rare cases, certain RX-HDX software component(s) may become corrupted and resulted in the device not being able to boot up properly. The customer ...
How To Recover the RX-RDP and RX-420(RDP) Firmware Image?
These devices, RX-RDP and the newer RX-420(RDP) are equipped with a firmware recovery mode feature. Below the instructions on how to restore the original image on your device: Please note that this procedure is for the RX-RDP (Black and Blue ...
RX300 Factory Reset
1. Process under newer firmware builds. (3.10.3 and newer) In recent versions of the RX300 firmware you can find the Factory Settings button in the RX300 firmware menu: A. Click on the settings (gear) icon. B. Click on the Support tab C. Click on ...