· If your
organization requires smart cards for single sign-on, access control or other
security-related measures, vSpace Pro 11 supports up to 10 connected
CCID-compliant smart card readers per vSpace Server. AMP for vSpace Pro unlocks
extended smart card support, removing the 10 reader limit.
enhanced smart card reader support is available on RX300 thin client and vSpace
Pro client for Windows, with an active AMP subscription for vSpace Pro 11.
· Need to
show screenshots on how to configure for smart card reader support.
· Below please find the instruction for vSpace Pro Client
instructions (on vSpace Console side) to setup enhanced smart card reader
configuration. We can also include RX300 configuration as well (need to modify
step 5 to create a custom RX300 performance profile). Also unlike vSpace Pro
Client, RX300 only support CCID compliant USB smart card readers as we have
embedded CCID driver in the RX300 firmware.
· · Access to smart card feature in vSpace Pro Client:
have an active Annual Maintenance Program (AMP) for vSpace Pro 11.
§ You must
have corresponding smart card reader driver on the client computer where the
vSpace Pro client is installed.
o Steps to enable smart card reader support:
1. In vSpace Console, go to “Manage Servers”,
2. Then select your vSpace Pro 11 server and select the
3. From the “Settings” menu, click on “Performance Profiles”
and select the “Manage Custom Profile” tab at the top
4. From this tab, click on “+” icon to add a new device
Performance Profile and you will see a pop-up window,
5. From the pop-up window, enter the new profile name for the
vSpace Pro Client (any name that makes sense to you), and in the copy from
parameter, select “RX-series and Software Client on a high-speed network”.
Click “ADD” to complete the process,
6. Then select the custom profile you just created, scroll
down to “Enable Smart Cards” parameter and choose “Yes” to enable this feature.
Click on “Apply” to finish the process. See screenshot below.