The default settings for Server 2008 R2 deliver a slightly different look and feel than Windows 7 , but it is quite easy to tweak the settings and make Server OS look and feel just like a client operating system.
1. Go into the Server Manager and click on Features
2. In the Features Summary section, click Add Features.
3. Select the Desktop Experience check box. If you are prompted to install additional features, click Add Required Features, and then click Next.
4. Click Install, you might have to restart your computer.
Next, enable the Themes service:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
2. Click Themes.
3. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and then click Apply.
4. Under Service status, click Start and then click OK.
Finally, select a Windows 7 theme:
1. Right-click on the desktop & select Personalize.
2. Under Basic and High Contrast Themes, click on Windows 7 Basic.
Article ID: 138