The following is a quick start guide to get you started with the RX-HDX
thin client solution.
Once you complete these steps, you will be eligible to:
- Access latest RX-HDX firmware (including Citrix Ready workspace hub functionality) and NoTouch Center Device Management Software
- Gain access to NoTouch Center and unlock the 1-year bundled software maintenance update subscription that comes with your RX-HDX purchase to access future software and RX-HDX firmware updates
- Extended default RX-HDX hardware warranty (extending the standard 1-year from the date of manufacture warranty to 1-year from the date of first use)
1. Create a new NComputing Management Portal
account – this is
where you will be able to register and manage your RX-HDX devices and download
NoTouch Center and future software/firmware upgrades
Go to www.ncomputing.com, click on
login|register to create NComputing Management Portal account for your company.
2. Download NComputing Virtual Appliance (which
includes NoTouch Center installation)
Once you have created an NComputing Management Portal account, you
will be able to download the NComputing Virtual Appliance.
The NComputing Virtual Appliance is a 64bit Linux-based Virtual
Appliance (VA) preconfigured to run in virtual machine environment. It includes
NComputing NoTouch Center to manage RX-HDX thin clients plus an easy-to-use
web-based administration interface to perform tasks such as updating or backing
up the Virtual Appliance.
To download NComputing Virtual Appliance:
Login to NComputng.com website using your account created in step
1. Then, click on the ‘management portal’ link on the top menu to access the
NComputing Management Portal.
Select “My RX-HDX Deployment”:
Then select the “Software Downloads” tab and click on NComputing
NoTouch Center Virtual Appliance to download the OVA file. The NComputing NoTouch Center Virtual
Appliance is shipped as an OVA file (Open Virtualization Archive), the
single-file version of an Open Virtualization Format image that can be easily
used with all current virtualization platforms.
3. Install NComputing NoTouch Center Virtual
Once the Virtual Appliance (OVA file) has been downloaded, please follow
the instruction in the link provided below to install the NComputing NoTouch
Center Virtual Appliance.
4. Connect your RX-HDX devices to NoTouch Center
Once NComputing NoTouch Center Virtual Appliance has been
installed, you can then establish RX-HDX thin client connections with NoTouch
Center in multiple ways. Please refer to the link below for details.
5. Register your RX-HDX devices with NComputing
Management Portal and access RX-HDX firmware update
Once your RX-HDX devices are connected to NoTouch Center, you can
then register your RX-HDX devices to NComputing Management Portal to access both RX-HDX firmware updates and NoTouch Center software updates. Please refer to the link below for
6. Upgrade RX-HDX firmware (recommend using
Once you download the RX-HDX firmware update file from NComputing
Management Portal, there are multiple ways to update the firmware to your
RX-HDX devices. We recommend using NoTouch Center to deliver the firmware update.
Please refer to the link below on different ways to update the RX-HDX firmware.