vCAST streaming is a standard feature in vSpace Pro 11 LTS and vSpace Pro Enterprise Edition.
vCAST Streaming, supported by RX420(RDP), RX-RDP and RX300 thin clients, reduces the overall server-side CPU usage for web videos like YouTube, Vimeo and local media content without the need for expensive GPUs.
By conserving server-side hardware resources and bandwidth, vCAST Streaming enables more concurrent user sessions to be run at the same time while ensuring the same high level of HD video streaming experience.
• Delivering HD quality videos to users and improving the user experience without the necessity to invest in expensive GPUs on the server side
• Increasing the server user density by offloading the multimedia decoding and rendering work to RX300, RX-RDP, and RX420(RDP) thin clients
• The above benefits are achieved thanks to two technologies contained in vCAST:
- vCAST Web Streaming (for YouTube and Vimeo websites in Google Chrome browser)
- vCAST Media Streaming (for VLC player reproducing H.264 contents)