Update L300 Firmware (Classic vSpace 6)
"Classic Versions" like vSpace 6 will be permanently discontinued after June 30th, 2020.
Please upgrade promptly to our latest platform
If you are using version 6 because of terminals that are not compatible with vSpace Pro 11 or Enterprise edition, likely, these are also outdated and need to be upgraded.
You can see our
new line of products
and consult your sales representative or authorized partner about updating your product.
If you need technical support to guide you on your upgrade, you can contact us
- Make sure your L300 devices and at least one vSpace host are on the same subnet (for expample: 10.0.2.x for the device and 10.0.2.x for the server).
- On the vSpace host system, launch the NComputing Console by navigating to: Start > All Programs > NComputing vSpace > NC-Console. Click on “L-series devices” in the left pane.
- Click on the “Columns” button on the top far right side of the right pane.
- Select the “Firmware” device view and click “OK”
- The “Build Number” column then shows the version of firmware for the devices listed (e.g. 1011 is represented as 0.1.011)
- Select one or more devices, right-click and click “Update firmware”
- In the pop-up window, click “Update”
- The terminal will go through the firmware update cycle.
- Your firmware update is now complete. Future updates will only require a single update without an intermediate firmware version. Please refer to the latest user manual for further information on other approaches to updating firmware including the auto-update and FTP update capabilities that are enabled in this new firmware.
- Turn on the device.
- Click on Device Setup
- Click on the Update Tab
- On the Manual Update section, click on Update Now.
- Let the device go through the update cycle.
- Your firmware update is now complete. Please refer to the latest user manual for further information on other approaches to updating firmware.
Do not interrupt the firmware update cycle as this may damage your device permanently. Damage to the device due to firmare update interruption may not be covered in the device's warranty.
Last Edited: May 19, 2021
Update L Series Firmware in vSpace Pro
Update via vSpace console Make sure your L300 devices and at least one vSpace host are on the same ethernet subnet. Out of LAN updates could only be possible if proper configurations to the network have happen to accommodate UDP protocols to pass ...
How to use 'Scheduled Tasks' feature in vSpace Console for scheduled reboot, shutdown or firmware update
vSpace Pro Enterprise Edition (version 12.5.1 and higher) comes with vSpace Console ‘Task Schedule’ support for scheduled device reboot, shutdown and firmware update. Below please find the instructions for each supported ‘Task Schedule’ use case: (1) ...
How can I update the RX300 firmware?
Please refer to RX-RDP, RX420(RDP), RX300 and LEAF OS user configuration guide for additional details: https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/rx300-rx-rdp-user-configuration-guide The Support section of Setup GUI contains firmware update ...
L300 Firmware Update: Manual Update from version 0.x to Firmware 22.214.171.124
About this article In the rare possibility are you may have an L300 with the first and original factory firmware, you may encounter issues updating further, or even reach to the latest version. • This article maybe helpful to you, however, it ...
L Series: Error: "This client's firmware is unsupported by the terminal server software"
Scope When attempting to connect to an L-series vSpace host on the network, the error appears, and the connection fails. If you use a L Series Legacy Device (L100, L110, L120, or L200) device, these are outdated, need to be upgraded and because of ...