L Series: L-230, L-130 and Legacy Devices. About USB Device Support
If you are using terminals that are not compatible with vSpace Pro 11 or Enterprise edition, likely, these are outdated and need to be upgraded.
You can see our new line of products
and consult your sales representative or authorized partner about updating your product.
Also, "Classic Versions" like vSpace 6 will be permanently discontinued after June 30th, 2020.
Please upgrade promptly to our latest platform vSpace Pro
If you need technical support to guide you on your upgrade, you can contact us here
NComputing does not officially support any USB devices other than Memory Sticks (pen drives) connected to the available USB port of L-series legacy devices.
Depending on the specific device driver and characteristics of the device, it may work or not. Therefore, each USB device must be tested to determine functionality and compatibility with the terminal.
Some tips we can suggest while testing are:
- Use modern NComputing products. Using products that are current increase the chances of certain third party devices to work. Our development and support is centered on current product. Yet, we still do not offer guarantee of compatibility with third party devices and tests will be needed.
- Update the NComputing platform to the latest. USB improvements have been made in our newest platforms, yet, it is not a guarantee that all instruments will work. Careful tests for compatibility should be made with different devices before settling into investing on a specific device.
- Test with a powered USB hub. At times the device is needing more electric power. A USB hub may helo run this situation.
- If using Barcode Scanners or card readers. Sometimes PS2 technology can work better. Using "Y" shape PS/2 adapter can work to attach the device and the local keyboard to the same port in the NComputing unit.
- Once you found a combination that works, keep the environment static. Sometimes, compatibility on a device can be locked to a specific environment. Like a specific version of Operating System, device drivers, vSpace or NComputing device firmware.
Last Edited: May 21, 2020
USB third party devices
Scope This Article is for users looking for 3rd party, USB device compatibility for current L-Series, MX Series and M-Series NComputing devices. General advice Update the vSpace platform. The general rule when you are using a third party device ...
Smart Card Reader Support in vSpace Pro
Enhanced Smart Card Reader Support: Extended smart card support for RX300 and vSpace Pro Client for Windows is now an included feature starting with vSpace Pro version starting in 11.2.0 and higher versions. If your organization requires smart cards ...
RX300 / RX-RDP USB Peripheral device redirection recommendations.
Please refer the KB article on How to configure USB peripheral device redirection policy for RX300 and RX-RDP: https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/how-to-configure-usb-peripheral-device-redirection-policy-for-rx300-and-rx-rdp In ...
What are the default USB peripherals settings in RX-RDP, RX420(RDP), RX300 and LEAF OS devices?
Please refer to RX-RDP, RX420(RDP), RX300 and LEAF OS user configuration guide for additional details: https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/rx300-rx-rdp-user-configuration-guide The Peripherals section of the RX-RDP Setup GUI allows ...
How to setup WVD virtual machine configuration for webcam redirection?
The WVD clients integrated in RX420(RDP) and RX-RDP+ devices (firmware version 2.4.5 and higher) support the native (functional) redirection of USB webcams. To ensure proper webcam redirection, please make sure that the following Group Policy setting ...