Please note that this procedure is for the RX-300 (Black and Magenta chassis) thin client only. All other RX family devices (like the RX-RDP or RX-HDX) will not benefit from this procedure and you can void your warranty if the steps outlined in this document are performed in the wrong device.
The RX300 device has a firmware recovery mode (firmware version 3.1.3 or newer) to recover the corresponding images in case if the firmware gets corrupted.
Hopefully you will never have to use this. If you do, please follow the steps below to enter the firmware recovery mode:
1. During the reboot of RX300, press and hold the power button (located on top of RX300). A few seconds into the reboot it will bring up the “Recovery mode for RX300 device” window.
2. Select “Firmware recovery” option, and it will show the option to either recover “Thin client” firmware or “Raspbian” firmware image
3. Depending on which part of the firmware image you need to recover, you will first need to prepare a USB memory stick with the corresponding recovery image(s), which can be found in the download links below:
a. If you believe your ‘Thin client’ firmware image is corrupted (e.g. can’t access vSpace or VERDE firmware device setup), then download the following RX300 ‘Thin client’ recovery image onto a USB memory stick: i. https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/rx300-firmware/rx300_3_2_7.tar
b. If you believe your ‘Raspbian firmware image is corrupted (e.g. can’t switch to Raspbian desktop mode), then download the following RX300 ‘Raspbian desktop’ recovery image onto a USB memory stick i. https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/rx300-firmware/raspbian_3_2_7.tar
4. Then insert the USB memory stick to RX300 and select either ‘Thin client’ or ‘Raspbian’ option to recover the corresponding firmware image.
5. You will be prompted with a file navigation window to navigate the content of the connected USB memory stick. Choose the recovery image and click “Open” to proceed the recovery procedure.
6. After the image is recovered, please click restart to reboot the RX300 and exit the recovery mode.
Note: Firmware versions later than 3.2.7 will be reverted to 3.2.7.
How To Recover the RX-RDP and RX-420(RDP) Firmware Image?
These devices, RX-RDP and the newer RX-420(RDP) are equipped with a firmware recovery mode feature. Below the instructions on how to restore the original image on your device: Please note that this procedure is for the RX-RDP (Black and Blue ...
initramfs - RX-HDX Image Recovery
Method to recover from RX-HDX image corruption Revision date: February 27, 2019 Description: In some rare cases, certain RX-HDX software component(s) may become corrupted and resulted in the device not being able to boot up properly. The customer ...
How can I update firmware for RX-RDP, RX-RDP+, RX420(RDP) and LEAF OS devices?
Please refer to RX-RDP, RX-RDP+, RX420(RDP), RX300 and LEAF OS user configuration guide for additional details: https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/rx300-rx-rdp-user-configuration-guide The Support section of Setup GUI contains ...
How can I update the RX300 firmware?
Please refer to RX-RDP, RX420(RDP), RX300 and LEAF OS user configuration guide for additional details: https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/rx300-rx-rdp-user-configuration-guide The Support section of Setup GUI contains firmware update ...
Where do I get software updates for RX-HDX, RX420(HDX), EX400 and NoTouch Center Device Management?
IMPORTANT NOTE: As of July 1, 2020, NComputing has formed a new partnership with Stratodesk, making the official Stratodesk branded OS and management center available on NComputing devices. Enterprises and organizations using NComputing thin client ...