How To Recover the RX-RDP and RX-420(RDP) Firmware Image?
These devices, RX-RDP and the newer RX-420(RDP) are equipped with a firmware recovery mode feature.
Below the instructions on how to restore the original image on your device:
Please note that this procedure is for the RX-RDP (Black and Blue chassis) thin client only. All other RX family devices (like the RX300 or RX-HDX) will not benefit from this procedure and you can void your warranty if the steps outlined in this document are performed in the wrong device.
- During the reboot of RX-RDP, or RX-420(RDP) press and hold the power button (located on top of RX-RDP). A few seconds into the reboot it will bring up the recovery mode window for your device.
2. Select “Firmware recovery” option, and it will display the “Thinclient” firmware option.
3. You will first need to prepare a USB memory stick with the corresponding recovery image, which can be found in the download links below:
NOTE: Applying the wrong firmware image into your device could void the warranty. The links are clearly labeled for each device. Please be sure to download and apply the correct image for your devices.
Download (right click the link & click save link as.. to download the file) the following RX-RDP or RX-420(RDP) ‘Thin client’ recovery image onto a USB memory stick:
4. Then insert the USB memory stick to RX-RDP and to recover the corresponding firmware image.
5. You will be prompted with a file navigation window to navigate the content of the connected USB memory stick. Choose the recovery image and click “Open” to proceed the recovery procedure.
6. After the image is recovered, please click restart to reboot the RX-RDP and exit the recovery mode.
How To Recover the RX300 Firmware Image
Please note that this procedure is for the RX-300 (Black and Magenta chassis) thin client only. All other RX family devices (like the RX-RDP or RX-HDX) will not benefit from this procedure and you can void your warranty if the steps outlined in this ...
How can I update firmware for RX-RDP, RX-RDP+, RX420(RDP) and LEAF OS devices?
Please refer to RX-RDP, RX-RDP+, RX420(RDP), RX300 and LEAF OS user configuration guide for additional details: https://support.ncomputing.com/portal/kb/articles/rx300-rx-rdp-user-configuration-guide The Support section of Setup GUI contains ...
initramfs - RX-HDX Image Recovery
Method to recover from RX-HDX image corruption Revision date: February 27, 2019 Description: In some rare cases, certain RX-HDX software component(s) may become corrupted and resulted in the device not being able to boot up properly. The customer ...
Where can I find the latest firmware for RX-RDP, RX-RDP+ and RX420(RDP)?
To ensure the best performance of your RX-RDP, RX-RDP+ and RX420(RDP) device, please ensure you have the latest Firmware. You can find the latest RX-RDP, RX-RDP+ and RX420(RDP) firmware from NComputing software download page: ...
Where can I purchase AMP licenses for RX-RDP, RX-RDP+ and RX420(RDP) devices?
Each RX-RDP, RX-RDP+ and RX420(RDP) device comes with a perpetual license of PMC device management software and first-year complimentary software maintenance update (AMP for RX-RDP/RX-RDP+/RX420(RDP)) for any firmware updates including features ...