How to Import a Cloned Image into a New and/or Different VERDE environment.
Product Line: VERDE
A Cloned image is NOT a copy of the original Gold Image. A cloned image has pointers to the original Gold Image, which makes it dependent on the original.
If you need the cloned image in another environment, simply perform the following:
- Ensure all sessions associated with the Gold and Cloned images shut down
- Grab the gold image (/home/vb-verde/verde-orgs/org-#/gold/<GoldImageName>) and perform the import procedure into the new/different VERDE environment.
- Bring up the newly imported gold image to ensure it's in good shape.
- Now, Grab the Cloned Image (/home/vb-verde/verde-orgs/org-#/gold/<ClonedImageName>) and perform the import procedure into the new/different VERDE environment.
- As you may detect, the cloned is ALWAYS dependent on the gold. The Cloned must always have the gold to refer to.
Clean, Easy Method of Combining All the GUEST-#.IMG Image Layer Files Back Into The One GUEST.IMG File
Product Line: VERDE Statement From a Customer: I have seen that each time I perform a check-out and check-in, in the Gold Image storage folder a new file is created: GUEST-2.IMG GUEST-3.IMG GUEST.IMG What is this about? And how can I eliminate ...
Instructions for Enlarging the Gold Image (GUEST.IMG)
Product Line: VERDE It's common place for a customer to need to expand the size of the Gold Image or a Clone. Here are simple instructions: Back up the Gold Image’s entire Directory (just in case). If the target gold image has an associated Clone, ...
VERDE 8.2.8+ Image Clean Up Function
Product Line: VERDE Issue: Customers have reported that a few of the Gold Images fail to delete. When they click on Delete icon, it starts the Delete process but goes into an infinite loop and never ends. Even after rebooting the server, it keeps ...
VLAN Prep Steps - Enable Linux Networking and Installing verde-brctl
Product Line: VERDE The following steps need to be implemented before enabling VLAN. Switching VERDE Node from Openvswitch to Linux Native: Disable openvswitch and enable “Standard Linux Network Configuration” (verde-menu -> 1 Network Configuration ...
How to Repair a Corrupted VERDE Guest Image
Product Line: VERDE If you suspect a user's Guest Image is corrupted, perform the following line command: use command: /usr/lib/verde/bin/qemu-img check -r all /home/vb-verde/verde-orgs/org-0/users/<LDAPConnection>/<UserID>/<Image Name>/USER.IMG